2. The Educational work
The Results of the State assessment
The Examination in German language (Technical Translation-13) was passed with the following results:
- “excellent” – 12 (twelve) students (55%)
-“good” – 10 (ten) students (45%)
Average score – 4.5
The Examination in English language (Philology 10-1,2) was passed with the following results:
- “excellent” – 12 (twelve) students (23%)
-“good” – 19 (nineteen) students (36%)
- “satisfactorily” – 21 (twenty one) students (41%)
Average score – 3.8
According to the Results of the State assessment, 8 graduate students received the Honored Diplomas.
According to the Results of the State assessment, 4 undergraduate students received the Honored Diplomas.
The analysis of the complex control works, homework and course papers done by students shows their sufficiently good results in theoretical education
3. Scientific and methodological work
Sixteen teacher’s workshops were held (see Appendix) and five course manuals were published.
4. Work with talented students
The translation department held the 11th International Scientific Student Conference “Eurolanguages – 2013: Innovations and Development” in October 2013. Students who took part in the conference were from Ukraine (Dnipropetrovsk, Cherkasy, Dniprodzerzhynsk, Donetsk, Lugansk, Zhovti Vody, Pavlohrad etc.), Ireland, Germany, Poland and Russia (Yekaterinburg). The collections of the students’ works based on conference materials were published.
12 students took part in the translation competition led by the Association of the Ukrainian Germanists in September 2013
Scientific spring 2014 – German, Romance and English sections
The 11th English Olympiad for school leavers was held.
5. Vocational guidance 2013-2014 academic year
The guidance content . Execution date . Accountable .
7. Development of the page content by means of feeding it with information about the Translation Department on the basis of admission campaign 2012-2013. November 2013. Vvedenska T.Y. Galushko T.V. Shchurov O.V.
8. Visiting schools for delivering information to the school graduates about the plan of the university events aimed at awareness of the university's and the department's activity and holding the olympiads and the conferences, the Prospective applicants Day, etc. October-April 2013. The professors of the Department
9. Visiting schools and working with graduates' parents (conference for parents). December-March 2013-2014. The professors of the Department
10. Holding of the agitational work in linguistic centres of the university. semesters 1-2 Cherkaschenko O.M. Gavrilova A.V. Galushko T.V.
11. Management of events for the school graduates with advanced studying of foreign languages performed by the Department's professors
12. Holding of the vocational guidance in the towns of Dnipropetrovsk Region (Dniprodzerzhynsk, Pavlohrad, Zhovti Vody, etc) semesters 1-2 Nesterova O.Y.
13. Participation in organizing and holding of the Prospective Applicants’ Day at the Faculty of electrical engineering. monthly, since December Vvedenska T.Y. Galushko T.V.
14. Holding the acompetitions for graduates from Pridneprovsk region. March 2014. Cherkaschenko O. M.
15. Holding the Conferences for parents whose children took part in academic competition with students and the translation department graduates involved. March 2014. Cherkaschenko O. M.
16. Organizing the English and Spanish groups in city schools with the help of the 4 and 5-year students and their involvement to the vocational guidance during the year. Gavrilova A. V.
17. Organizing the vocational guidance among the school teachers who attend the seminars organized by the Association of the Ukrainian Germanists and by the Ukrainian-German Language Centre during the year. Galushko T. V.
18. Involving the students from different courses to the vocational guidance in the schools of the region during the year.
19. Working with school-leavers who had the contacts with the Translation Department by phone or online to enter the National Mining University during the final campaign within the current year period. July 2014.
6. Educational work
The educational work among the students was done by every teacher of the Translation Department in classes, tutorials and by contacts during their visiting the hostels. The curators of the academic groups from the first year to the fifth year performed their educational work. The Fresher’s Guideline was developed and renewed.
The curators of academic groups organized next events:
- “Freshers’ Day” 2014;
- Students’ amateur performances dedicated to the Freshers’ Day and the 11th English academic competition among the graduates of Dnipropetrovs’k region;
- Visits to NMU museums with the 1st year students;
- Watching the productions of the Opera and Ballet Theatre: Plg.-12-1, Plg.-13-1:
- Poetic Translation Contest (within the 11th Students International Conference Eurolanguages-2013).
7. Research activities
Allakhverdian T.M. defended thesis the French romanticism of the 1820s: mythopoetic text structure (competition for the scientific degree of Doctor of Philological Studies in specialization 10.01.04 – literature of foreign countries) – admitted September 2013. 2 monographs were written and published on the basis of the thesis.
Korotkova S.V., Assistant Professor Fomina L.V., Assistant Professor Savina Ju.O. had advanced defense and they were recommended to their Candidate thesis dedending.
Postgraduate Students/Competitors Plan of the Thesis Defense, 2014 2015
Fomina L.V. (candidate thesis) õ
Korotkova S.V. (candidate thesis) õ
Savina Ju.O. (candidate thesis) õ
On 9 October 2014, Senior Lecturer Vysotska T.M. defended the Candidate thesis the Nomination of Technical Artifacts in the System and Cognitive, Onomasiological aspects (based on the Russian terms in the mining industry) (DNU) competition for the scientific degree of Candidate of Philological Studies in specialization 10.02.02 – Russian language.
In July 2014, Nesterova O.Yu. defended the Candidate thesis the Information Culture Development of the Future Translators in Higher Technical Educational Institutions” in specialization 13.00.04 – “Theory and Methods of Professional Education” and qualified as Candidate of Philological Studies.
Professor Alekseyev A.Ya. was the research supervisor of the competitors from universities of Zaporizhia, Melitopol, Dniprodzerzhynsk and Mariupol. He was a member of the editorial boards of scientific collections of ZNU and Berdyansk NU. In October 2012 and October 2013 he delivered a series of lectures on stylistics in Mariupol State University. He delivered lectures on translation theory Mariupol State University October 2013, special course in cognitive linguistics (ZNU), and his 2 postgraduate students defended their works.
Professor Vvedenska T.Yu. wrote a review on Bondarenko V.I. et al’s manual The Basic Technologies of Fossil Minerals Developing, Dnepropetrovsk: Lizunov-press, 2014.
Department stuff published:
Articles in specialties – 20, non-special articles – 9, foreign publications – 15 [3 in Scopus (2 in co-authorship, 1 independent)], with the participation of students – 60.
Participation in conferences:
Issues in Ukraine – 10, foreign issues – 8 (Russia, Czech Republic, Poland, Bulgaria).
The work on the scientific theme E-300 "Analysis and Basics of Education Programs in Philological Studies of the Translation Department» has been continued.
On the basis of multidisciplinary educational and recreational resource and methodological Correctional Work and Inclusive Education Center a video conference between Oscar Serrolaza, the author of the Spanish course-book (Madrid, Spain) and the 3rd-year students under the supervision of Senior Lecturer Gavrilova A.V. was held in April, 2014
The work of the Ukrainian-Japanese Center headed by Vvedenska T.Y., the Head of Translation Department, continued. The Ukrainian-Chinese Center began working (headed by Peretokina N.G.)
Bolbas Oksana studied at Language School of Marburg (Germany) in October 2013.
8. The department material and technological base development
There are 8 personal computers at the department, 3 connected to the Internet, but low computer capabilities do not allow to use them efficiently in the academic activity.
In 2009 a video projector was purchased, during the 2010-2011 academic year the department material base was replenished at the expense of NMU and sponsorship: HP F4500 and Canon LBP 3010 printers were purchased, during 2011-2012 academic year through sponsorship a book-case, a screen and air conditioning were purchased, in 2014 the MFU CANON I-Sensus MF 4410-8443393100 was purchased. These can significantly improve educational process and provide qualitative conferences, competitions, Freshers’ Day, international video conferences and other events. In 2012 academic year the department stand was updated.
The Business Plan for 2013-2014 academic year is fulfilled. The sponsor support was received for international student conference “Eurolanguages 2013” 300 UAH were earned for folder purchase.
The earned income from scientific conferences is 350 UAH, spent for the stationary materials: paper, ink cartridges etc.
Translated by Moshentts K., Pyatina M., Chorna A., Khvorova A., Kachura E., Nelga O., Kulshenko S., Tveretinova A., Lahmostova A.,